Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Business person or Entrepreneurship?

I am very much a business type person. I am not comfortable with just jumping out and trying something without thinking it completely through two or three times. Despite what the author of the article thinks, I am pretty sure entrepreneurs also have business rivals who are not himself. The real question is who is going to get to market first with a viable product. I am not really much of a cooperative person; I can’t help but turn stuff into a competition. The more I read the articles list of what an entrepreneur is, the more I think the author has an idealized viewpoint. I know one entrepreneur and I could not live like that. I prefer stability.
Entrepreneurship is more than just starting a business; it’s a complete mind-set and attitude. An entrepreneur may be quick on their toes but they will eventually end up in a business mindset as others copy their original idea or other entrepreneurs begin to improve on the original concept. A business person may end up flowing into the entrepreneur side of the equation when they encounter a problem and start working on a new concept to deal with it. I think most business people and entrepreneurs are a mix of the two archetypes that were listed in the article. The guy I know would dearly love to have a steady income instead of getting small amounts of investment here and there. As for who will achieve and live the happiness’s that they seek in life, well that depends on what makes them happy. A business person is happier with stability and working within a set system and an entrepreneur is happier striking off into new territory and hoping they achieve what they set out to do.
For the record, I found that the author is highly biased towards what he thinks entrepreneurs are like because he calls himself an internet entrepreneur. I suspect that he wants to be like all the things on his list but in reality is far more businesslike than he would like to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment