Monday, December 19, 2011

5S process


1 Sorting (Seiri)
            I went through all the junk laying around and moved stuff into piles of things that need to be together.
2 Straightening or setting in order / stabilize (Seiton)
            I straightened the storage areas
3 Sweeping or shining or cleanliness / systematic cleaning (Seiso)
            I gave everything a quick washdown.
4 Standardizing (Seiketsu)
            Both rooms C and D are set up roughly the same.  Ok they are back to back with differences to what is in them but its minor.
5 Sustaining the discipline or self-discipline (Shitsuke)
            This will come in time.
6 Safety
            Toxic chemicals are in their own cabinet in the back of the room where they are out of the way.
7 Security
            We have a locked door.
8 Satisfaction
                                I will be more satisfied once I get a couple of other people to stop undoing what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment